Lawrence E. Wilk
Winning recovery for investors. Larry and his
team represented the court-appointed receiver in the large American
National Mortgage case. He converted an Arizona Corporation
Commission State Court Receivership into a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
proceeding, integrated the cases using differing jurisdictions, and
obtained a confirmed Chapter 11 plan with recovery to the
Helping Ponzi-scheme victims recover millions.
Larry was co-counsel in a multi-million-dollar lawsuit against
professionals involved in the Baptist Foundation's Ponzi scheme.
His work resulted in recovery in excess of $230 million for those
who had been victims of this financial debacle.
Get To Know Larry In His Own Words
"I create a relationship of trust and confidence. Clients know
I'm there for them and that I have a genuine interest not only in
their case but also in them."
"The practice of law is like a chess game. I enjoy analyzing a
problem and then attempting to form a solution by anticipating the
opposing party's strategy and responding accordingly-but always
with reaching our client's goals in mind."
- Represents secured and unsecured creditors and trustees in
bankruptcy; creditors in state court proceedings, including
foreclosure proceedings and state court receiverships; and debtors
in complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- As president and registered lobbyist for the Arizona Trustee's
Association from 1988-1990, Larry sought legislative reform in the
- As counsel for the borrower in Northern Arizona Properties vs.
Pinetop Properties Group, he helped formulate the law which defines
deficiency rights after foreclosure.
- Conducted hundreds of foreclosures, both judicial and
non-judicial, and numerous forfeiture proceedings.
- Sought and obtained appointment of third-party receivers to
take possession and control of the property on behalf of his
- Clients include banks, insurance companies, leasing companies,
and private individuals secured by real property, commercial
equipment, vehicles, accounts receivable, and intangible
- Involved in numerous bankruptcies in aggressive pursuit of his
clients' collateral and recovery of any unsecured portion of
- Experienced in negotiating workouts to help clients avoid the
hardship and expense of bankruptcy.
- Knowledgeable in title insurance and real estate issues.
- Played pivotal role in winning compensation in several of the
largest land-fraud cases in Arizona, recovering millions of dollars
J.D., cum laude, Indiana University, 1980
B.A., Indiana University, 1977
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Larry Wilk was named a 2013 Southwest Super Lawyer -
Larry Wilk is rated AV Preeminent from
3200 North Central Avenue . Phoenix