- Let your web developer deal with it
- Buy forms from a service
If you think that we have listed these in order of initial expense, you are correct. However, as a long-term expense, they are likely listed from most expensive to least expensive. We recognize that our advice here is not unbiased, but it is based on actual experiences of businesses that paid far more legal fees than they wanted to because they elected to save money up front.
What is the purpose?
- Rules that you expect your visitors to follow
- Requirements for submitting or posting content or orders on your website
- Rules about comment posting, if your website permits comments
- Membership information
- Jurisdiction over any disputes, and
- Provisions to protect you and your company from claims
About the author: Maria Speth is a lawyer at Jaburg Wilk and also the Intellectual Property Law Department Chair. She is a frequent speaker on intellectual property law, internet law, trademark and tradename law and is the author of the book, Protect Your Writings: A Legal Guide for Authors.