Beth is both a Certified Tax Specialist by the State Bar of Arizona and Certified Public Accountant. As such, she has expertise in business and real estate transactions as well as tax planning, succession planning and estate planning for business owners and Arizona families. For more than three decades, Beth has assisted clients from the start-up phase of their business to growing into multi-million dollar companies. She has assisted her business clients with mergers, acquisitions, real estate transactions, stock or asset sales, leases, and like-kind exchanges. Her tax expertise is used in entity formation, deal structure and estate tax planning. More
- Board Certified Tax Specialist
- Certified Public Accountant
- Expertise in business and real estate transactions and tax planning for businesses and their owners
- Represents clients from the start-up phase of their business to growing to have multiple entities: lease negotiations and documentation, complex transactions of like-kind exchanges, stock sales, real estate development, and formation of numerous entities
- Clients include contractors and construction companies, real estate developers, real estate companies, trucking companies, physicians, and insurance agencies, many of whom she has represented for more than 20 years
- TV commentator on business, tax planning, and estate planning topics, including the use of family limited partnerships and limited liability companies, gifting strategies and other effective estate-planning techniques
Nurturing a profitable long-term relationship. For 25 years Beth represented a family that owned some 1,500 developable acres in West Phoenix. The complex estate plan included two limited partnerships and a gifting program, as well as debt needing to be renegotiated. Beth helped restructure the partnerships and sell the property to a developer-resulting in one of the largest real estate developments in Phoenix.
Helping a builder grow. Beth represented a partnership that started by building one spec home in the early 1980s. But the client continued to expand and became a significant homebuilder in Scottsdale and, later, in California and New Mexico, with 17 different corporations and LLCs. Her extensive services included business planning, estate planning, and succession planning for the owner.
- Appointed to the Tax Law Advisory Commission for the Arizona State Bar
- Active member and past board member of AZCrew, the premier Arizona association for female real estate professionals
- Member, Valley Estate Planners and Central Arizona Estate Planners
- Member, Professional Advisory Committee to the Arizona Community Foundation
- Member, Professional Advisory Committee (PAC), Jewish Community Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors of The Wellness Community
- Central Phoenix Womens' Networking Group
Beth Cohn of Jaburg Wilk represented SL Mesa Realty Owners LLC in a recent $32.5 million double escrow for an 117,000 square foot back-office project located west of Fiesta Mall in Mesa Arizona. The three building center now known as Centrica was originally a big box retail complex occupied by three major retailers which was retrofitted and leased for back-office operations of a large publicly held consumer finance company. In the complicated double escrow transaction SL Mesa Realty Owners LLC was the buyer in the initial transaction and the seller in the second transaction, which closed simultaneously, with financing provided by a $22 million loan from JPMorgan Chase Bank.