Trademark Search & Application
Our experienced intellectual property attorneys at Jaburg Wilk offer an easy and cost effective solution to federally protect your brand names, logos and taglines.
The first step in our process is to conduct a trademark search and give our written opinion as to the likelihood of obtaining a trademark registration from the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
Our team can:
- Perform trademark clearance searches.
- Advise about and prepare applications for the registration of trademarks with the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
- Advise about and prepare international trademark applications for registration in foreign countries.
- Understand the nuances between a descriptive, suggestive, arbitrary or fanciful trademark.
- Identify the appropriate trademark description of goods or services and international class.
- Advise on whether to file as standard typed words or in a stylized format.
Trademark Enforcement and Defense
For both federally registered and common law trademarks, our team is here to help you protect, enforce and defend your trademark rights. These representations include:
- Cancellation and opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (prosecuting / defending)
- Cease and desist letters (sending / responding to demand letters from other parties)
- Litigation in state or federal court (prosecuting / defending)
Meet our Team
Maria Crimi Speth is the chair of the Intellectual Property Law Department at Jaburg Wilk. She focuses her practice on assisting businesses in protecting their trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, information technology, and other intellectual property through preventative measures to avoid disputes and through litigation when disputes arise. An accomplished author, she has published Protect Your Writings: A Legal Guide for Authors. Maria is the past Chairperson of the Ecommerce & Technology Section of the Arizona State Bar, and is on the executive council of the Intellectual Property Section of the Arizona State Bar. She is on the U.S. subcommittee of the Anti-counterfeiting Committee of the International Trademark Association.
Michael Dvoren focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation, pre-litigation enforcement and defense, intellectual property transactions, intellectual property advice and consultations, and trademark and copyright prosecution. He is on the Publications Committee of the International Trademark Association.
Stephanie Fierro is a business attorney who assists clients with both employment law and registering trademarks. She is a contributing editor to Attorney at Law magazine.
Learn More About Registering a Trademark
If you are interested in learning more about our trademark search and registration services, please provide the following information: