David’s practice has spanned more than 35 years, representing both individuals and large institutional clients, in both litigation and transactional matters, with an emphasis on real estate and business related matters. David actively practices in both Arizona and California, and is also an Arizona licensed real estate broker. Prior to joining Jaburg Wilk in 2007, David founded and managed his own law firm in Beverly Hills, California, and later served as in-house counsel for a multi-faceted real estate company located in Scottsdale, Arizona. David understands that legal services are not always affordable, and takes pride in working closely with his clients to understand their goals, and to achieve those goals, whenever possible, through a negotiated settlement. In those cases that cannot be settled, David has an excellent track record of success, and he recently obtained a substantial punitive damage award for his clients following a lengthy jury trial. More
- Reasonable Reliance in Connection with Fraud in the Inducement
- The Use of "Options" in Commercial Lease
- The Seven C's of Settlement
- Statute of Frauds
- If They Use It You May Lose It
- The Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing
- Dragnet Clauses and Priority
- Equitable Subrogation and the Replacement Doctrine
- What Is a Deposition
- Negotiating a Lease Renewal Option
- The Defaulting Seller and a Notion of Lis Pendens
- Because It's the Rules
- Options and the First Right of Refusal
- What's In a Title?
- When In Doubt, Disclose, Disclose, Disclose
- What Exactly Is Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreement? Why Do I Need One?
- The Difference Between Mediation and Arbitration
- Practicing law in California & Arizona for more than 26 years
- Experience handling complex business and real estate litigation
- Knowledgeable about litigation issues specific to real estate
- Extensive experience working out troubled real estate assets
- Drafting contracts and litigating disputes arising out of contracts
- Real Estate Broker licensed in Arizona
Depth of Experience David practiced law in California for over 20 years before relocating to Arizona. His extensive experience in litigation and business transactions provides his clients a large depth of resources and experience. He served as in-house counsel for a large commercial real estate developer, brokerage and property management company located in Phoenix before joining Jaburg & Wilk.
Defending a client in landlord tenant dispute. David provided representation of a tenant who had been badly mistreated by his landlord. Despite the client's lack of financial resources, the landlord aggressively pursued a lawsuit against him for claimed unpaid rent. Not only did David successfully defend the landlord's lawsuit, but having been forced into litigation, filed and pursued a counter-claim, which resulted in a substantial jury verdict in favor of the client.
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Former Member
- Board of Directors- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art