Pre and Post Marital Agreements
A prenuptial or premartial agreement is a binding legal document between prospective spouses which contemplates financial allocations if their marriage ends. In Arizona, married couples who do not have a prenuptial agreement, and subsequently divorce, will discover that community property principles will govern financial aspects.
Top reasons for Prenuptial or Postnuptial Agreement:
- One party has significantly greater assets than the other
- Considerable income disparity between parties, either currently or in the future
- Not a first marriage
- One partner has substantial amount of outstanding debt
- One party owns a business or a sizable interest in a business
- Contemplation of extensive lifestyle changes in the future
Even if already married, a couple can create a postnuptial or post martial agreement. Our family law attorneys have substantial experience with negotiating and crafting complex, creative prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
Contact our Family Law Team
If you are in need of advice on an Family Law matter, please use this form to contact us or call: 1-602-248-1000