Post-Decree Modifications

After a decree has been entered by the family law court for a divorce, paternity judgment, child custody or support, circumstances of either party may change.  There could be a substantial increase or decrease in earnings or parties may simply agree on different arrangements than the decree contemplated. One party may not be following and fulfilling their obligations under the decree. Changes in family law court decrees are known as post-decree modifications and must be approved by the family law court.  Our family law attorneys are experienced and knowledgeable having assisted hundreds of clients with their post-decree modifications. Our attorneys have experience with:

  • Modifying legal decision making for minors.
  • Changing parenting time plan.
  • Modifying child support payments.
  • Modifying spousal maintenance amount or payments.
  • Representing a parent when a geographic move is requested by the other parent.