Maria's Practice Areas
- Intellectual Property
- Internet Law
- Copyright and Trademark
- Administrative Law
- Franchise Law
Maria is a shareholder at Jaburg Wilk and practices in the areas of intellectual property, internet law, and commercial litigation, representing clients throughout the United States. She focuses her practice on assisting businesses in protecting their trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, information technology, and other intellectual property through preventative measures to avoid disputes and aggressive measures when disputes arise.
Writing is a passion of Maria’s. She is the author of : Protect Your Writings: A Legal Guide for Authors, and Apple v. Samsung, The Balance Between Patent Rights and the Free Market. She has also authored articles on the topics of litigation and intellectual property, published in The Business Journal, the Arizona Journal of Real Estate & Business, and Arizona Attorney. Her profile has been featured in the Arizona Business Gazette and The Herold Report. In October of 2000, the readers of Arizona Women’s News voted Ms. Speth best business attorney in Arizona. In April of 2008 she was listed in the Top Lawyers list published by Arizona Business Magazine. She is a certified member of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum and a member of The American Trial Lawyer’s Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Arizona. In 2011 and 2013, the readers of Arizona Foothills Magazine named her firm best intellectual property law firm. She was also recently named to the 2016 Best Lawyers in America list, 2017 Women in the Law, Best Lawyers and is a 2015-2017 Southwest Super Lawyer and America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators.
Community service is important to Maria. She served for over 10 years on the Board of Directors of Safe Haven, Inc., a non-profit community redevelopment organization. She is currently on the Board of Directors of the Metropolitan Phoenix YWCA, whose mission is eliminating racism and empowering women. Ms. Speth has presented seminars for the Arizona State Bar, the Arizona Small Business Association, The Inventors’ Association of Arizona, National Business Institute, and Lorman Education Services. Ms. Speth is a guest lecturer at Arizona State University. Ms. Speth is on the faculty of the internationally acclaimed CEO Space. She has also been a guest speaker on television and radio shows addressing intellectual property protection topics.
Associations and Memberships
- YWCA of Metropolitan Phoenix (non-profit), Board of Directors
- Arizona State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section, Executive Committee
- Arizona State Bar Association, past chair of E-commerce and Technology Section
- International Trademark Association, Anti-counterfeiting Committee
- Member of American Arbitration Association®’s Roster of Arbitrators and Mediators
- The Institute of Harmonic Science, Board of Directors
- Presents seminars for the State Bar of Arizona, the Arizona Small Business Association, The Inventors' Association of Arizona, National Business Institute, and Lorman Education Services, on intellectual property, Internet, and trademark protection.
- Faculty member of the internationally acclaimed CEO Space Forums.
- Guest speaker on TV and radio, addressing intellectual property protection topics.
Awards and Recognition
- Avvo Rated - Superb
- Arizona Business Leader -Intellectual Property Law, AZ Big Media, 2019
- Lawyer of the Year 2019, Best Lawyers in America- Technology Law
- Top 100 High Stakes Litigator
- Member of American Arbitration Associations Roster of Arbitrators and Mediators
- Recognition of Excellence as Litigation Council of America
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion Gold 2020
- 2017 Women in the Law, Best Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion Silver 2017, 2018, 2019
- Rated AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America- Copyright Law and Trademark Law, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Southwest Super Lawyer-Arizona, 2011,2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Maria Crimi Speth has verdicts in excess of $1 million
- Voted Best Intellectual Property Law Firm by Arizona Foothills Magazine
- New York, 1988
- Arizona, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eight Circuit, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2017
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2001
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 1988
- B.A., Hofstra University, cum laude, 1985