Micalann C. Pepe primarily practices in the areas of insurance coverage and bad-faith litigation. Her diverse practice also includes commercial litigation and civil litigation. She has a wide-range of experience including medical marijuana, DUI, foreclosures, and workers’ compensation litigation. Before joining Jaburg Wilk, Ms. Pepe successfully first-chaired multiple bench and jury trials with the City of Phoenix Prosecutor’s Office through a law student Rule 38(d) program.
Ms. Pepe grew up in small-town South Dakota where she enjoyed the outdoors, hunting, fishing with her Grandpa, and learning the long-standing work ethic that the Mid-West is known for. She moved to Arizona to pursue dual degrees at Arizona State University, ultimately graduating magna cum laude with a B.A. in Women and Gender Studies and a B.S. in Finance from the W.P. Carey School of Business at ASU. Forever a Sun Devil, Ms. Pepe continued her education at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, graduating cum laude and gaining admission to the Arizona State Bar in 2011. She is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court- District of Arizona, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
She began participating as a board member of the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Young Lawyers’ Division in 2011, and is currently serving as the Board’s Vice President. She has co-authored and contributed to publications for the Defense Research Institute and the Claims & Litigation Management Alliance on various topics, mainly focusing on developments in insurance law. Ms. Pepe is proud to have been chosen as a participant in the 2013 inaugural class of the AADC’s “Ladder Down” program focused on honing leadership, business development, and mentoring skills for women lawyers.
- Wills for Heroes
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education, We the People, Judge.
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Young Lawyers’ Division Present, Vice President, 2015-Present
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Young Lawyers’ Division Executive Board Member, 2011-Present
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers’ Division
- ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice, Member
- ABA TIPS, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, Member
- ABA TIPS, Mid-Year Planning Committee, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member, Blog Contributor
- Ladder Down: A Women’s Leadership Program