Alden primarily practices in the areas of employment and education law. She assists employees and employers with wage and hour disputes, harassment and discrimination claims, restrictive covenant disputes, and federal and state compliance issues. In her education practice, she assists students and educators with residency, tuition, disability accommodation, disciplinary matters, and tenure and promotion disputes.
Alden was recognized as a Southwest Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2020, a distinction given to only 2.5% of attorneys. She enjoys giving back to her community and currently serves on the board of directors for Audrey’s Angels and volunteers for the Times Up Legal Defense Fund.
Before joining Jaburg Wilk, Alden worked for a national law firm, where she practiced primarily in the areas of insurance coverage and civil litigation. After graduating from law school, Alden completed a year-long clerkship with Judge Patricia Orozco at the Arizona Court of Appeals. More
- Effective "Ms. Thomas effectively resolved my employment dispute concerning termination of a contract, and I am so grateful for her extensive knowledge and wonderful service. I give Ms. Thomas my highest recommendations." – Lindsey
- Compassionate and Thorough "Alden A. Thomas is a an excellent resource for consultation regarding complex legal cases. Throughout her life, Alden has been awarded various accolades for demonstrating excellent service. She is compassionate, thorough, and committed to her clients’ success. Personally, aside from her outstanding work, I appreciate the time and personalized care Alden has dedicated to my legal concerns over the years." – Stephanie
- Knowledgable "Ms. Thomas gave me advice on how to appeal my state university rejection of my application for Arizona residency as a student. Being classified as a resident would allow me to pay instate tuition for the rest of my education, at great savings to myself. She knew a great deal about the residency appeal process and her instructions on how to go about the appeal were very clear. I won my appeal, and she deserves a great deal of credit." - Anonymous
- Great to Work With "Jaburg Wilk’s attorneys are great to work with. They talk you through everything and make sure to keep you in the loop. Everyone that we have dealt with there is easy to work with. We have been working with Alden the most. Alden is amazing. She one hundred percent has our interest at heart and truly cares. I know she is looking out for me and my company and never worry about anything when she is on it. She will fight for you and make sure you are getting treated right. All of Jaburg Wilk’s attorneys have been great to us and we will always go to them in the future if we have any legal needs." -T. Scott Johnson
- Arizona State Bar, Member
- Arizona Womens Lawyers Association, Member
- Ladder Down, Member, 2017
- Audrey’s Angels, Board of Directors, 2020
- Active Advisor Vice-Chair, Junior League of Phoenix
- Coach, ASU’s ABA Representation in Mediation Competition teams
- ASU Law, Moot Court Coach of the Year in 2017