Dave is the lawyer’s lawyer. He has represented companies, entrepreneurs and individuals in a wide range of contract litigation, business advice, civil rights, and employment law matters. He has a special expertise in representing movie industry clients and both companies and individuals in sometimes complex litigation. He has successfully tried numerous cases in both state and federal court and has argued and won numerous appeals. He has a passion for his clients and the law. He is rewarded when he helps someone succeed in a business venture or prevail in or, better yet, avoid a lawsuit. More
- Helping a friend and making new law. Dave has extensive experience litigating all kinds of cases, from simple contract disputes to complex antitrust and securities law matters. One case that stands out is an antitrust action brought by local entrepreneur Dan Harkins. He represented Dan as lead counsel in a complex, and very successful, antitrust litigation that spanned more than 12 years. It involved numerous federal court decisions and published opinions, including the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals’ decision in Harkins Amusement Enterprises, Inc. v. General Cinema Corp., 850 F.2d 477 (9th Cir. 1988), a case that established new law in the Ninth Circuit. As the result of his intimate involvement in the movie industry, Dave’s clients include theatre owners, casting agents and even movie stars.
- Handling complex, high-profile cases. Dave has also litigated many other complex and sometimes high-profile cases. One example was a defamation case he filed against Watergate burglar G. Gordon Liddy, who, his client alleged, had libeled the client on his nationally syndicated radio talk show. He has also been involved in high-profile disputes with state and federal government and has litigated cases that have drawn national media attention. Regardless of the case profile or the media attention, however, Dave continues to advise clients and to seek resolution of their problems both in and out of court.
- Member, Arizona State Foster Care Review Board 1986-90
- Founding Member, Arizona State Acupuncture Board 1999-2002
- Former Instructor, Rio Salado Community College
- Volunteer employment law consultations provided to St. Joseph, the Worker
- Ongoing participation in a variety of community outreach and charitable organizations