For more than two decades, Mervyn has represented clients in Arizona family law courts. A State Bar of Arizona Certified Specialist in Family Law, he has experience and expertise in divorce, spousal maintenance, division of property, parenting plans, child support, paternity and grandparents rights.
Knowing that this is an emotional and stressful time for his clients, he works with his clients so that they not only understand the legal process but also are informed as to status of their case. Mervyn has acted as a neutral third party, with consent of both parties, to mediate and settle dissolutions or post-decree modifications. More
- Arizona State Bar Convention: Cutting Edge issues in Family Law 2018 - June, 2018
- Reuniting mother and child. After a child was kidnapped by his father, Mervyn worked diligently to successfully reunite the child with his mother.
- Working to save children from abuse. Mervyn has combined his extensive knowledge of family law and his years of legal experience to protect a number of children from abusive and undesirable situations.
- Arizona State Bar Board Certified Family Law Specialist
- 2010 Southwest Superlawyer - Family Law
- Qualified as an attorney in South Africa in 1982
- Lectured law at the University of Cape Town in South Africa
- Practiced military law in South Africa for two years before being licensed to practice law in Arizona in 1988
- Combines experience in business planning and litigation to resolve complex problems attendant to family law cases
- Encourages clients to consider alternative methods of dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration, and other non-traditional methods
- Taught law at the University of Phoenix
- Member, State Bar of Arizona Fee Arbitration
- "I found Mervyn Braude to be extremely professional and he actually turned my stressful situation into a pleasant experience. He is very conscientious and has a tremendous knowledge of the law. I would say that Mervyn is very detailed and always responded to my questions in a very timely manner."
- "I have worked on and off with Mervyn Braude for the last nine years and was very lucky to have been referred to him and his team. Mervyn is very professional but at the same time he is a good listener and empathetic to your situation. He can take your worries and concerns, then address them in a knowledgeable legal manner that gives you reassurance that everything will be alright. His legal advice has never strayed me wrong. I will continue to use him and his firm for any legal needs I have in the future. Not only do I consider him my personal lawyer, I also consider him a friend."
- "I would like to pass along my observations regarding Mervyn Braude's handling of my case.Throughout the entire process, unfailingly, Mervyn was always professional, competent, and thorough. His interactions with me and others always led to a positive outcome. At all times his guidance and concern skillfully kept our approach cohesive and well understood. As you know the emotional component is critical for the client. Mervyn always treated me with dignity and respect. I felt confident that our preparation, meeting presence, and post-ops were unified and cohesive. It was reassuring to know Mervyn always had my back. Obviously, I will gladly recommend JaburgWilk, and Mervyn specifically, to those whom I know that are in need your services."
- "Mervyn and the team at Jaburg-Wilk made a very difficult period in my life as comfortable to deal with as possible. I would recommend them highly to anyone who finds themselves in need of this service. They are responsive, caring and empathic."