Lauren is a partner who has been practicing law for over 30 years, first in Miami, Florida and then in Phoenix, Arizona. Her practice emphasizes probate and trust litigation and mediation. She also handles guardianships and conservatorships. Lauren is a strong advocate for her clients both in and out of court. She also appreciates the emotional aspects of this area of practice and has successfully guided her clients to resolving their disputes. She was certified as a mediator in Florida and has continued her mediation training in Arizona. Lauren has successfully mediated many cases using compassion and creativity to help the parties resolve their disputes. She serves as a settlement judge for the Maricopa County Superior Court Probate Division. She is also on the Probate Court’s list of approved mediators. More
Defending a trustee against serious charges. Lauren successfully defended a trustee against unjustified claims of breach of duty and exploitation.
Using negotiation skills to avoid litigation. Lauren deftly negotiated the settlement of a trust dispute, avoiding the need for costly litigation.
- Experienced litigator, with emphasis on probate, trusts, conservatorships and guardianships
- Trained mediator for probate, trust and civil matters
- Advocate of mediation and other non-traditional dispute resolution
- Probate mediator, Superior Court, Maricopa County, Arizona
- Frequent speaker at CLE seminars and at other organizations
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow
- Arizona State Bar Probate and Trust Section - Executive Council (2006 - Present), Chair (2008 - 2009)
- Arizona State Bar Elder Law, Mental Health and Special Needs Planning Section – Executive Council (2011-2014)
- Maricopa County Bar Association Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Section Board Member (2005 -2007), Chair (2007)
- Valley Estate Planners, Member
- Professional Advisory Board, Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Phoenix, Member
- Volunteer, Probate Lawyers Assistance Project