Alejandro’s primary practice is centered on employment law. He has represented both employers and HR professionals for employment law matters including hiring, termination, employee discipline, paid sick time, leaves of absence, wage and hour compliance, and whistle-blower liability. He has defended employers against wage and hour claims, discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims. He represents clients in disputes arising from employment agreements, arbitration agreements and restrictive covenants including not to compete. Additionally, he has drafted employment agreements, policies, and handbooks. Alejandro has conducted and overseen sensitive workplace investigations and provided training for managers and employees on best practices to prevent harassment, discrimination, and retaliation in the workplace.
In addition to his employment law practice, he represents professionals at administrative hearings as well as representing clients in commercial litigation matters including contractual disputes, defamation claims, and other commercial disputes.
Before beginning private practice, Alejandro completed a year-long clerkship with Arizona Court of Appeals Judge Patricia Orozco and completed an internship with the EEOC.
- Board of Directors an Secretary, Phoenix Pride
- Employment Law Committee Member, Society for Human Resource Management SHRM
- Member, National Employment Law Council
- Member, Association of Workplace Investigators
- Board Member, City of Phoenix Police Department LGBTQ Advisory Board
- Member, DRI
- Member, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Former Regional Deputy President, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Past-President Xico, Inc.
- Member, Arizona State Bar Association
- Judge Pro Tempore Maricopa County Superior Court and Arcadia- Biltmore Justice Court