Cole has been practicing law for more than fourteen years with areas of focus in construction defect, construction law, products liability, professional liability, and general insurance defense litigation. A highly experienced trial attorney, he represents both design professionals including architects and engineers in complex litigation matters as well as general contractors and subcontractors in complex, multi-party construction matters. Additionally he represents a well-known national corporation in product related litigation.
Cole tried two of the first class action construction defect cases in Arizona, each lasting approximately six weeks. He has also successfully defended a nationally known architect in a $50 million breach of contract matter and an international engineering firm in a $20 million defective design claim. Recently, Cole obtained summary judgments and awards of attorney fees for both a national subcontractor as well as a national product manufacturer. He is active in Arizona legislation which impacts Arizona construction industry. More
- “Awesome! Cole's the only attorney who's ever made that happen (obtaining an award for attorney fees and costs). Great work Cole!” -Jaqui Anders, Claims Administrator, Moen, Inc.
- "All I can say is, "WOW!" Great resolution, Cole. Thank you!"-Christine Kirklin, Vice President and General Counsel
- "Cole is a pleasure to work with on our cases and has consistently provided excellent results".-Lisa Geisen, Corporate Claims Administrator, Gothic Landscaping
- State Bar of Arizona
- Federal Bar Association
- Construction Financial Management Association, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association: Past Board Member, Construction Law Section
- American Subcontractors Association of Arizona, Member
- Successfully co-chaired two different six-week class action construction defect trials on behalf of roofing subcontractors, including one of the first class action construction defect cases in Arizona.
- Successfully co-chaired a trial defending a stucco subcontractor in a 1,500-home, multi-party complex litigation.
- Successfully defended an international engineering firm against a $20 million breach of contract claim related to design of a large mechanical stabilized earth wall.
- Successfully defended an architect against breach of contract claims of more than $20 million relating to design of a $600 million public project.
- Recently obtained summary judgment and dismissal, including an award of attorney fees, in an action against a national subcontractor based on a spoliation of evidence argument.
- Appearing pro hac vice in Nevada, Cole obtained a summary judgment and dismissal, including an award of attorney fees, in an action against a national product manufacturer.